The Mariska G is an offshore supply vessel (OSV) belonging to Rederij Groen B.V., a Norwegian shipping company specialising in…
Pacific Harrier’s Seismic Capability
With the rising instability for demand and supply of oil in oil producing countries, there has been a significant decline in demand for Offshore Supply Vessels (OSV) by operators, resulting in a surplus of OSVs in the market. This pushes many ship owners to seek alternatives to increase utilisation of their vessels to stay competitive in the industry. Vessel conversion is one possible alternative.
ST Marine was engaged for a major conversion of the OSV, “Pacific Harrier” to a seismic functional vessel. The conversion work was successfully completed within 102 days and redelivered on schedule.
The scope of work includes:
- Manufacture and installation of working units for seismic function
- Fabrication and installation of living quarter (LQ) for the public area
- Provide accommodation design/supply and installation for public area
- Fabrication and installation of node storage system
- Fabrication and installation of node handling system
- Design and install HVAC1 system for new LQ
- Supply and lay power
- Supply and lay seismic cable
- Install owner supplied seismic equipment with commissioning assistance
Pacific Harrier, owned and managed by Swire Pacific Offshore, is chartered for seismic operations in the Indonesian waters.
1HVAC stands for heating, ventilation and air conditioning